Wednesday 8 April 2015

Supersize Weekly Deals

Wow - have you seen all the Weekly Deals this week ... there is not only some great deals, but there's more of them !



To place your orders you can either shop HERE at my online shop 24/7, or you can email me on carole.bryson@gmail.com (or call/text me on 07747 465186)

Don't forget, that if you spend over £45 you will get FREE P&P

QUIET

I'm sorry that I will be a bit quiet this week, but this weekend is our Spring into Summer 2 Day Crop, so I am busy preparing surprises, kits etc. etc....   I'll be back posting as normal next week !

10 CLUB 

I have two places available in a new 10 Club starting this month.  You commit to spending £15 per month (plus postage) for 10 months, and during ONE of those 10 months, you are the hostess and will earn at least £20 to spend on whatever you like from the current catalogues.

To reserve your place, and to receive all the current catalogues, please contact me on carole.bryson@gmail.com

Scrapbooking/Mixed Media

Just thought that I would show you one of the layouts that I have been experimenting with using mixed media - I'm trying to use up old papers/kits etc., and this is a great way of doing it !


Instructions

To create this layout, I simply chose colours that I felt would compliment each other, and cut them into various sized strips.   I played around with the paper cluster until I felt happy with the compilation.

I distressed both of the background papers by snipping into the patterned background, and 'rolling back' the papers with my fingers - if this is difficult, then spray the paper with water, and you should be able to 'roll' the paper more easily.  On the top 'tear', I added a small piece of matching patterned paper, to show it peeking out of the tear.

Before adding the paper cluster, I spritzed Mr Huey ink sprays over the patterned paper.

I used a bubbles stencil and texture paste, to give more texture to the layout.  After the texture paste had dried, I drew around some of the bubbles to help them pop off the page.

I fussy cut some of the flowers, and started building up the page using a selection of embellishments, and tucked them under the layers of the paper cluster.  (I attached the paper cluster using foam pads, so that I could add even more texture, and to allow me to tuck in embellishments).

Lastly, I added the title.

Notes:  Multi-media projects, are literally all about playing around with inks, paints and multi-mediums.  I have as many disasters as I have successes, but each time I have a play around, I learn something new.   I also add different textures by using fabrics, plastics, pages from books, tissue paper, napkins etc.. and then painting over with gesso, so that they disappear into the background, but are still semi-visible underneath.   Why not give it a go ... and let me see your results !

Have a great day folks - it's looking as if it's going to be glorious !



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...