Monday 19 May 2014

Hello Haiti & Happy Holiday (h)Offer !

Day 3 plaque tuesday

Well on Tuesday we arrived at Haiti.  I couldn’t believe how hot it was at 7am in the morning Surprised smile when I was watching our approach to Haiti from the balcony – and then I became even more excited when I saw all the little boats approaching the ship to greet us – it was touching to see them all.

haiti 1haiti 2

Sally and I took it slow and easy this morning as we were having a beach day today.  We had a leisurely breakfast, and then got changed and made our way to the beaches !  The water was totally see-through – its been a long time since I’ve seen water that clear !

haiti 3 haiti 4

haiti 6haiti 7

Hmmmm where to go …. ???  We decided to hit Columbus Cove, so we took a very short train ride to the nearest stop, and were hit by the small stallholders trying to ‘talk’ us into buying.  After a lot of bartering, I eventually bought a sunhat, but there was no way that I was going to pay the original $30 asking price Surprised smile After my purchase, we managed to race through the ‘shopping area’ and arrived at the beautiful Columbus Cove. 

SAM_0108 SAM_0114

We parked ourselves under a palm tree, as the heat from the sun was unreal, and we were joined by the lovely Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek and her sister.   The water was wonderfully warm, and I took great advantage of its healing qualities to rest my hips and back.  It was great to be able to take the pressure of them, and so I spent my day alternating between half an hour swimming and half an hour sunbathing !

Lunch was a stunning BBQ provided by the ship.  They had three different stations around Labadee where you could lunch, and they did not disappoint !  We took a leisurely stroll back to the ship, and happened upon the beach where I would have zipped the zip wire had I not have injured my pelvis Sad smile  I was gutted that I couldn’t do it, but I really did enjoy watching the late afternoon ‘zippers’ enjoying themselves !

SAM_0112 SAM_0111

That evening, we decided to sample the offerings from the Windjammer Marketplace. This was a buffet style restaurant with the most mouth-watering, stunning array of choices … it became our firm favourite, and apart from one night, we ate there every evening.

windjammer1

windjammer foodwindjammer view

After dinner, we were extremely privileged to have a private performance of Chicago for the SU Achievers.

SAM_0121

The show was as good, if not better, than any Broadway production of Chicago, and afterwards I understood and appreciated why the ships performance had won lots of Awards around the world.  It was absolutely incredible !

Ooops – I missed last nights Pillow Gift – so here are Day 2 and Day 3’s pillow gifts !  How lucky were we ?!!!

day 2 pillow gift 2day 3 pillow gift money

Don’t forget to pop back tomorrow for Day 4 at Sea !

DON’T FORGET(S)

  • Clearance Rack is HERE
  • Weekly Deals are HERE
  • Project Life (digital) is HERE

OFFER

As I am down on my sales this month due to my health, the Incentive Trip AND Telford Training, then I am offering ONE person the opportunity to win a Crafting Bundle (either a scrapbooking or cardmaking bundle which will include papers, cardstock, embellishments etc) for FREE.  To be in with a chance of winning the bundle, you just have to place an order before the 31st May. AND, that’s not all … for everyone who places a £45 order, I will reimburse your postage costs.

You can either place your order via my online shop HERE or you can email me on carole.bryson@gmail.com or call/text me on 07747 465186.

Don’t forget to pop back tomorrow !  Cal xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...