Sunday 23 September 2012

Scrapbooking … oh, how I love thee …

Yesterday, I spent a lovely day scrapbooking with my friend Marlene.  For those who come to the Rochdale Crop, you know who Marlene is – for those who don’t come to the Rochdale Crop … why not ?!!!!  Anyway, Marlene helps me run the Rochdale Crop, and helps me prepare for parties, classes, kits and most of the time, my life ! She is the type of friend who just knows how I work, and what is going through my head.  I’m really fortunate that I have a couple of friends who know me this well, and I just wanted to take the time to thank you all xx

Anyway, back to the scrapbooking.  Marlene and I spent approximately 8 hours scrapbooking yesterday and putting the world to rights.  Sometimes we talk.  Sometimes we don’t.  With our friendship, the silences don’t matter because that is when we are creating.  I don’t really like ‘scrapping’ on my own, I need companionship, but likewise I need the silence to keep the thought process going ….. for me, Marlene is the best scrapping companion, and my best critic – until it comes to white space …. jeez, she hates white space, whereas I really love it  ….  keep your eyes peeled over the next few days for my white space projects …. how do you feel about white space ? Love it or loathe it ?  Let me know !  Why not share your white space projects and link them to this blog – there could be a small prize for the best one ……. Winking smile

So, to keep Marlene happy, here is a non-white-space project !

Orchard harvest 1

This layout uses :-

  • First Edition speciality designer papers for the base
  • Orchard Harvest designer papers
  • Crumb Cake cardstock
  • Very vanilla cardstock
  • Rich razzleberry cardstock
  • Perfectly Preserved stamp and die set
  • NEW ‘secret’ stamp set from the NEW Annual Catalogue
  • Ink Pads – rich razzleberry, pumpkin orange, lucky limeade, early espresso
  • Two tags die
  • Scallop border punch
  • Onboard alphabet
  • Linen thread

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Trim 1/4” from all sides of the First Edition papers, and attach to crumb cake cardstock base.  Fold up the bottom left hand corner and secure with a glue dot.
  2. Trim ‘tartan’ paper to 9” x 6.5”
  3. Trim ‘orange’ paper to 2.75” x 6.5”
  4. Attach the papers as shown – DO NOT ADHERE permanently, as you are going to tuck the scallop border underneath in the next step).  Also, do not adhere the top right hand corner of this layer as you are going to tuck the tags in there.
  5. Cut a strip of rich razzleberry cardstock 1”x12” and punch the strip using the scallop border punch.  Attach to patterned papers as shown.
  6. Cut out two tags using very vanilla cardstock using the two-tags die.  Ink the edges in early espresso.  Using a darning needle and some linen thread, blanket stitch around the scalloped tag as shown.  Tuck these two tags under the top right hand layer.
  7. Stamp out the apples using rich razzleberry ink and lucky limeade ink, and then die cut.
  8. Tie a bow in a piece of linen thread and lay over the layout as shown above.  Attach apples over the linen thread by using dimensionals.
  9. Stamp flowers and leaves and cut out.  Tuck these under the turn up on the bottom left hand side of the first edition papers.
  10. Using rich razzleberry ink, ink the onboard alphabet title, and attach.
  11. Add your journalling using strips of very vanilla cardstock
  12. Finally, distress the edges of the complete layout using either a distressing tool, or by running a pair of sharp scissors along the edges of the layout.  Finish the distressing by inking the edges.

Voila !  I hope you like this tutorial and will have fun creating your own Smile

STAMPERS GROUP

I only have TWO places left for a new Stampers Group starting in October.  What a great time to start spreading the cost of buying stash with the launch of a new Annual Catalogue !  You commit to spending £15 ore more (plus postage) for 10 months.  During the course of the 10 months, you are the ‘virtual’ hostess for one of those months, and you will earn AT LEAST £25 to spend on anything that you like from any of the current catalogues. 

All you have to do, is make a brew, grab a chocolate biscuit … and browse the catalogues.  You then email me and pay me – and voila ! a few days later, your new stash will be plopping through your door – what could be easier !!!

Contact me on carole.bryson@gmail.com or 01706 351299 to secure your place.   Please let me have your home address, email address and a phone number that I can contact you on if I need to.

NEW CATALOGUE

As I’m sure you all know by now, the new Annual Catalogue is launching on the 1st October !  Believe me, it is absolutely MASSIVE !!!!!  We will then be inline with the catalogues that our Stampin Up! sisters receive in the United States – everything  … lock, stock and smoking barrel.   This catalogue is NOT to be missed !   It is jam-packed full of ideas, inspiration and of course, shed loads of new goodies !!

Sadly, due to the size of the new catalogue, they are extremely expensive to buy and post.  I do not like, and do not believe in charging for catalogues.  Do Asda or Tesco’s charge for you to browse through their shops … nope ….  So, the compromise is …. I will be charging £5 for the catalogue, HOWEVER, I will deduct this £5 from the first order that you place.  Win-win !

As always, if you wish to place an order, or if you have any questions or queries, then please contact me on carole.bryson@gmail.com or 01706 351299/07765 847062

2 comments:

  1. love the purples and the fruit bunting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got out of the habit of dong layouts. This is gorgeous. Might just inspire me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...